Ross Warner Senior Vice President
Professional Experience and Education
- Xueda Education Group, Investor Relations Officer
- hiSoft Technology International, Ltd., Vice President Investor Relations
- General Steel Holdings, Inc., Investor Relations Director
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, Washington
- MBA in International Business, Thunderbird School of Global Management, Glendale, Arizona
Why did you join Piacente?
I had been in-house IR for 10 years with Chinese ADRs and was ready for a change. I knew about Piacente and was impressed with their reputation and commitment to China. After meeting each team member, it seemed like a good fit for my background and experience.
What aspect of IR do you enjoy most?
For me, IR is the best job in the capital markets cosmos. I get to interact and build relationships with so many smart, talented people from so many different fields and industries. Every day is a chance to learn, grow and be challenged. Some people say IR is all about the numbers, but for me, it’s all about the people.
What is the most important value Piacente provides to its clients?
Integrity is the cornerstone of each client partnership we build.
What part of your background has helped you succeed in IR?
Having spent so many years working in-house, I have a very real understanding of the pressures our clients face day-to-day in the trenches. My approach to IR is very practical. I think that resonates with clients.
What do you think makes Piacente a unique place to work?
It’s truly a collaborative place to work. We don’t operate in silos. The quality of our work stands out because we draw on the strengths from each team member.